Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Updates

The past week has probably been one of the most stressful weeks I've had this year. I'm talking major hysterically crying meltdown infront of my fiance and parents... God bless them for putting up with my crazy. I finally got some resolve yesterday.

My fiance and I currently live in different states due to his work. We've been doing this for almost 1 year now and we are about to do it again for another year. It puts a lot of stress on our relationship and it's hard to plan a wedding from 2 different states especially since K wants to be extremely involved in the whole planning process. But let me rewind a bit...

I had every intention of staying in NY one more year and teaching at my current school for another year. Truth is, I wasn't ready to leave the kiddos yet. I truly love the kids that are at my school. With new leadership every year, things are bound to change. I was told about a switch in my position after the school year had ended and it put me in a tough spot. It was not something that I wanted so I had to begin looking for other options.

One option was for me to move to Virginia earlier than planned and for my first year there work on planning our wedding and getting my teaching certification for Virginia squared away. I was excited about this since it would mean my fiance and I would finally be together and not only see each other on weekends. We found an apartment that we fell in love with (this was back at the end of July) and we quickly filled out the application. All while this was happening, I was still in limbo with my job situation in NY but it looked like I was going to leave and make the move. We heard back on Monday that we got the apartment with a move in date of late September. The woman in me automatically went to pintrest to get some cute decorating ideas and we started looking for furniture.

Well, last night I got a call from my job telling me that I would have the same position I had last year (which was what I wanted all along --I was pretty adamant about not wanting to move to another position). I was SO HAPPY but so heartbroken at the same time. This meant, I get another year with my kiddos, another year with my family and friends in NY. But this also meant that my fiance and I will have to do another year of long distance and that we would have to let go of an apartment that we loved.

I have always put work first and part of me still feels like I am...I know it would be easier on our relationship if I had just moved down but my fiance is so supportive of everything I do. So, while I do have one more year in NY I can say with 100% confidence that it will be my last year in New York. I will always call NY home, it's where I was born and raised. I've lived here almost 30 years but I can't wait to get down to Virginia to start a new home with K.

Stay tuned for some tales of my adventures in my last year in NY and the transition down to Virginia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) Thanks for stopping by!