Thursday, May 14, 2015

Loving Myself After the Hurt

Something I have always struggled with is self-love and self-acceptance. Although I put up a tough exterior, I have a lot of insecurities just like anyone else.

It has taken my entire teen years and almost my entire 20's to finally love myself for who I am flaws and all. The road hasn't been easy. It's taken a lot of obstacles and heartbreak. I wouldn't change it for anything, though. All the bumps along the way has led me to where I am currently and that is: happy with myself.

I was one of those girls who thought I needed a guy by my side to be happy. I didn't think it was possible to find happiness within myself. After a heartbreak, I would put myself back into the dating game almost immediately. I never gave myself the time to process anything or get to the root of where my relationships went wrong.

After taking a step back and re-assessing my life, I realized that for once I needed to put myself first and make myself happy. I also had to believe that I was worthy to be loved by someone else. I had been so beaten down by the guys I dated in the past, I didn't even know who I was anymore. I am slowly starting to re-build myself. I see a glimpse of the core of who I used to be and I am excited for this journey of self love and finding myself.

I finally have a job that I love, a supportive family, and the most wonderful group of friends. Things are coming together and I'm looking forward to what this last year in my 20's has in store for me! One thing I know for sure is, I will keep loving myself and focus on the things that matter. Love can wait ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) Thanks for stopping by!